Major League Baseball
|Photo Credit: guardian.co.uk|
2) Astros Fire GM Ed Wade - Makes sense after last season, but I question the timing of this move with baseball's winter meetings looming.
3) Heath Bell to Marlins - The only pitcher with 40+ saves in each of the last three seasons is taking his talents to South Beach.
National Football League
|Photo Credit: washingtonpost.com|
5) Vince Young throws 4 Picks in Loss - So much for my talk about how Vince Young is a winner. Not a great showing from VY tonight.
6) Donovan McNabb Out of Minnesota - 13 year vet released by Vikings. Texans just signed Jake Delhomme so someone will pick him up. Bears?
7) Jags Fire Jack Del Rio - Thought they'd wait until the season was over, but at 3-8 i guess they'd seen enough.
8) Can the Texans Win with T.J. Yates? - '79 Rams went to the Super Bowl with a 3rd String QB. Falcons, Bengals, Panthers, Colts, Titans remain on schedule.
9) Curtis Painter Out as Starting QB in Indy - Dan Orlovsky takes over. Orlovsky was 0-7 as a starter for the 2008 Lions (0-16).
10) How Bad will New England beat Indy on Sunday? - Drew Brees and Company put up 62 points against Indy. Sunday could get really ugly against merciless Pats.
National Hockey League
|Photo Credit: espn.go.com|
12) Bruce Boudreau Fired and Hired within Days - Fired by Caps on Monday, hired by Ducks today. Good to be wanted I guess.
|Photo Credit: madmikesamerica.com|
14) SEC Championship Game Saturday: Georgia (10-2) vs LSU (12-0) - A Georgia win probably changes nothing. LSU & Bama likely stay 1 and 2.
15) Bedlam Game: Oklahoma (9-2) vs Oklahoma State (10-1) - Last chance for Cowboys to make a good impression. A blowout win could impress voters.
16) ACC Championship Game: Virginia Tech 11-1 vs Clemson 9-3 - Chance for VT to avenge their only loss of the season.
17) Conference USA Championship Game: Southern Miss (10-2) vs Houston (12-0) - Case Keenum and company play their first ranked opponent of the year. Boise State watching anxiously.
18) Big Ten Championship Game: Wisconsin (10-2) vs Michigan State (10-2) - Last time these teams played it ended with a Hail Mary touchdown pass. Badgers looking for revenge.
|Photo Credit: usatoday.com|
20) Kentucky Survives First Test as #1 - Wildcats go to 7-0 after cruising to an 81-59 win over St. John's.
|Photo Credit: indieguystudios.wordpress.com|
22) Galaxy Open Asia Trip with Win - Robbie Keane scored as the Galaxy beat an Indonesian All-Star Team 1-0 yesterday.
23) Arsenal Knocked Out of Carling Cup - Sergio Agüero's late goal gives Man City a 1-0 win in the quarterfinals denying Arsenal hardware yet again.
24) United stunned by Crystal Palace 2-1 - Glenn Murray's extra time winner sends Palace into the semis. Palace joins City, Cardiff and Liverpool in Final Four.
25) Montreal Impact Reveal New Jerseys - Definitely better than the Miami Marlins..
|Photo Credit: sports.yahoo.com|
Got any questions/comments/requests? Email the blog - firstname.lastname@example.org
Oh, and like us on facebook under Sports & Such!