Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Bogus Trivia - Round 2

So back in May I found an error on my ESPN Trivia Desk Calendar. It inferred that Kevin Mitchell was the only Chicago Cub to lead the National League in home runs during the 80s. Only one problem with that: Kevin Mitchell never played for the Cubs. No big deal though, right? One day wrong out of 365 isn't THAT bad.

Then I get to Labor Day's question:




























Let's see if I can walk you through the basic flaw in this question. Count with me.

1 - Oakland A's

Photo Credit: playersofelbeisbolcubano.wordpress.com





2 - Texas Rangers
Photo Credit: 90feetofperfection.com

3 - Boston Red Sox
Photo Credit: sportsposterwarehouse.com

4 - Toronto Blue Jays
Photo Credit: bleacherreport.com

5 - Tampa Bay Devil Rays
Photo Credit: thespec.com

6 - New York Yankees
Photo Credit: articles.nydailynews.com




7 - Chicago White Sox
Photo Credit: home.comcast.net

So to recap, that's SEVEN teams that Jose Canseco played for in his Major League career. Which makes the question a little odd. Especially since the answer leaves out the last three teams he played for. It's not even close. I don't know if this was a question recycled from 1998 when the answer would still have been correct or what. Either way, I'm honestly a little disappointed in ESPN here. I mean, who does the QA on these calendars? Obviously no one's checking the answers to make sure they're right. More importantly, how much would they pay me to do that job?

No comments:

Post a Comment