Sunday, September 18, 2011

NFL Week 2 Picks

So surprisingly I did all right with my Week 1 picks going 11-5 overall. So we're going to try this again for Week 2. Here goes nothing:

Chiefs (0-1) @ Lions (1-0)

Kansas City was absolutely embarrassed by Buffalo in Week 1 while the Lions won a tough game on the road in Tampa Bay. Matt Stafford is still healthy whereas Matt Cassel is a little banged up. Pick: Lions


Raiders (1-0) @ Bills (1-0)

Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills. But despite their route of the Chiefs last week, I'm still not sold on Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Bills. Darren McFadden ran the ball really well in Week 1, and I think he'll have success against the Buffalo defense. Pick: Raiders 


Bucs (0-1) @ Vikings (0-1)

Donovan McNabb threw for 39 yards in Week 1 in his Vikings debut. Adrian Peterson averaged over 6 yards a carry against he Chargers, but the Vikings still couldn't pull out a win. While the Bucs dropped a tough one at home against Detroit last week, I like Josh Freeman and think he's going to bounce back in Week 2. Pick: Bucs


Bears (1-0) @ Saints (0-1)

Last week I made the mistake of doubting the Bears and Jay Cutler, Brian Urlacher and company blew out the Falcons. This week, I'll probably make the same mistake again. The Saints are just so tough to beat in the dome. Even with Marques Colston sidelined with a broken collar bone, Drew Brees has a LOT of weapons. Aaron Rodgers and the defending champion Packers were barely able to outslug the Saints in Week 1. I don't know that Cutler can match that firepower. Advantage Who Dats. Pick: Saints


Ravens (1-0) @ Titans (0-1)

I hate picking against my own team, but I watched the Ravens force 7 turnovers against the Steelers in Week 1. I also watched Tennessee lose to a team quarterbacked by Luke McCown. Chris Johnson hasn't shown he's in game shape yet (24 yards on 9 carries), and until he does it's hard to think these guys are going to win. Pick: Ravens


Browns (0-1) @ Colts (0-1)

The Colts looked awful in Week 1. The Texans ran for 167 yards on the Colts in the season opener and now Peyton Hillis comes to town. Pick: Browns


Jaguars (1-0) @ Jets (1-0)

I think the Jets defense has a field day with Luke McCown and the Jags' offense. The Jets played badly in Week 1 and managed to find a way to win. I don't see them playing bad two weeks in a row. Pick: J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!


Seahawks (0-1) @ Steelers (0-1)

Tarvaris Jackson played better than I thought he would in Week 1 and they still got beaten by the 49ers. The Steelers turned the ball over 7 times in their loss to the Ravens, and if you think Mike Tomlin is going to let that fly, you've got another thing coming. Pick: Steelers


Cardinals (1-0) @ Redskins (1-0)

Rex Grossman and the Skins were one of the surprises in Week 1. Kevin Kolb and the Cardinals needed a 4th quarter punt return from Patrick Peterson to beat the Panthers and Cam Newton. Until the Cardinals defense shows they can stop somebody, it's hard to pick them, especially on the road. Even if that means I'm siding with Rex. Pick: Redskins



Packers (1-0) @ Panthers (0-1)

Can Cam Newton eclipse 400 yards two weeks in a row? For the Panthers to win, he'll probably have to, and I just don't see that happening. Packers win and I think they win big. Pick: Packers


Cowboys (0-1) @ 49ers (1-0)

Tony Romo and the Cowboys choked away what could have been a huge win in Week 1 against the Jets. I see them bouncing back in a big way this week. I don't see Ted Ginn Jr. returning two more kicks for scores this week. Pick: Cowboys


Chargers (1-0) @ Patriots (1-0)

I swear I'm not making this pick because I'm sitting in a hotel room in Boston as I type this. Tom Brady threw for 517 yards last week. Philip Rivers was slightly less sharp in San Diego's win over the Chargers. Throw in the fact that the Pats are at home and always seem to come up big against the Lightning Bolts and I have to take Belichik's boys. Pick: Patriots


Texans (1-0) @ Dolphins (0-1)

I like the Texans a lot right now. You saw what they did to Indy last week going up 34-0 in just 30 minutes. On the other side, the Dolphins defense just gave up nearly 700 yards of total offense against New England. I don't think this matchup will be quite that extreme, but I see Houston being 2-0 at the end of this week. Pick: Texans


Bengals (1-0) @ Broncos (0-1)

The Bengals were surprising victors in Week 1 despite Andy Dalton's injury. The Broncos lost by 3 and those three points were a 63 yard field goal from Sebastian Janikowski just before half time. Kyle Orton may not have the support of Denver fans, but I see him producing a W in Week 2. Pick: Broncos


Eagles (1-0) @ Falcons (0-1)

Don't expect Michael Vick's homecoming to be kind to Atlanta. The Eagles have just too many weapons while the Falcons look like they're still trying to figure things out. I think Atlanta will get their act together, just not this week. Pick: Eagles


Rams (0-1) @ Giants (0-1)

The Rams are all kinds of banged up right now. The Giants were outplayed by Washington, and are dealing with injuries of their own, but I give them the edge at home. Pick: Giants


Last Week: 11-5
Season: 11-5


Sports & Such is now on twitter. Follow us @smittysports1. 
Got any questions/comments/requests? Email the blog - smittysports.blogspot@hotmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment