Monday, December 6, 2010

Are the Pats Playing the Winnipeg Jets?

4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter and here we are. Patriots 31, Jets 3. Huh? Isn't this supposed to be a Patriots team that's last in every statistical category on defense? And isn't this a Jets team that prides itself on making life miserable for opposing offenses? Not so much today. Tom Brady has been able to do whatever he wants against Rex Ryan's squad and the Jets have just been a total comedy of errors. And as if to validate that statement, as I type this sentence Mark Sanchez just threw another interception. The Jets have missed a field goal, shanked a punt, missed tackles, blown coverages, dropped passes, made bad challenges, turned the ball over... You name it, they've found a way to screw it up. New England came into this game not just looking to avenge a 28-14 loss in New York earlier this year, but looking to make a big time statement. This is the best team in the AFC. And they're not looking at taking their foot off the gas in this one. The way the Jets look right now, they'll be lucky if this game doesn't end up 52-3.
  
 



















  Photo Courtesy: espn.com

4 comments:

  1. Alright, Matt, here is my comment:
    I am a life long Pats fan born and raised in New England. I know it's fashionable to dislike the Patriots, and the Red Sox but okay to like the Bruins because they kinda suck this year, but I don't care. To those who don't liek them because they can't stop winning I say this: SUCK IT! I endured the 80's and early 90's when neither team could score their way out of a wet paper bag and now that they are winning games I am a happy fan.

    Now, here is my nomination for the NFL Defensive Player of the Week:
    Mark Sanchez
    He did more the for the score than anyone really gives him credit for. Good man, I am a new fan of his.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't the Patriots go to a Super Bowl in the 80s? And the 90s? But yeah I hear you. Enjoy it while you're on top.

    And Sanchez scored negative points in fantasy football last night. That's NEVER good...

    ReplyDelete
  3. They did, but I am sure you can figure out the results of those trips. They should not have gone in the first place. The point is this, everyone is happy when their team is winning and pissy when they are not. How are the Panthers this year? Lions fans haven't been happy in how long? I don't think I was alive the last time they were excited about something other than a QB who couldn't stay off the IR list. Stafford is not a Pimp. Sorry, Kevin. I like the kid, don't get me wrong, but he is not all that they have put into him, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Stafford will be all right if he can ever stay healthy. The kid's only 22, I think it's a little early to close the book on him just yet.

    ReplyDelete