Saturday, March 19, 2011

And that's how a bracket is busted...

Thank you Butler, thank you very much. I suppose after watching you make your run through the tournament last year knocking off the likes of Syracuse, Kansas State and Michigan State, and then coming just a hair from knocking off Duke in the national championship game, that I should have known better than to underestimate you. But come on, everyone said the Big East was the best, deepest league this year. And Pitt was the Big East's best team going 15-3 in conference play. Maybe I should have noted that they lost three times in the last month (St. John's, Louisville, Connecticut in the Big East Tourney) while Butler hasn't lost since snapping a 3 game losing streak on the 3rd of February. Plus, it's not like I didn't pick you to win your first round game against Old Dominion. I gave you the courtesy pick out of respect for your accomplishments right there. I don't know. I guess it doesn't matter now, but the fact of the matter is, I had Pitt going to the Final Four after winning the Southeast Region, and that sure isn't going to happen any more. So that's 1 down, and 3 to go. Need Kansas, Ohio State and Connecticut to come through for me now, but the Huskies are trailing Cincinnati by two early as we speak. Argh. March Madness. It gets you every time...

Photo Courtesy: indystar.com

No comments:

Post a Comment