Monday, October 3, 2011

ESPN Desk Calendar at it Again

My issues with my ESPN Trivia Calendar have been well documented in this blog. First there was the confusion between Kevin Mitchell and Andre Dawson, then there was the question about the four teams Jose Canseco has played for when he actually played for seven, but today's question took it to a whole new level.

The obvious issue here is that this question does not specify WHAT SPORT the USA Women won bronze in. But it gets better. In trying to figure out the answer to that question, I looked into what sports Norway (the answer to the trivia question) won the Gold Medal in back in 2000. As luck would have it, there's only one. Women's Soccer. Which identified the next big issue that I have with this question. The USA Women didn't win a bronze medal in soccer at the 2000 Olympics. They won the silver after losing to Norway 3-2 in the final. So basically just a failure all the way around with this question. Seriously, how do I get this QA job?


Sports & Such is now on twitter. Follow us @smittysports1. 
Got any questions/comments/requests? Email the blog - smittysports.blogspot@hotmail.com 

1 comment:

  1. I noticed the Canseco and this question were off, and I guessed Dawson for the other question and missed it! I should have checked it. Anyway, I agree that this was a bad one. OUCH!

    ReplyDelete