Sunday, October 16, 2011

NFL Week 6 Picks

Coming off the heels of my worst performance of the season in Week 5, I'm hoping to do a little better this week. Probably should've known better than to pick Tennessee over Pittsburgh. Just wishful thinking there I guess. And clearly I need to resolve whatever issues the Bills have with me. I pick them, they lose. I pick against them, they win. FIVE WEEKS IN A ROW! Screw you, Buffalo. You're making me look bad. Here's my picks for Week 6.


Panthers (1-4) @ Falcons (2-3)

I know the Falcons have struggled this year, and Cam Newton has far exceeded expectations, but Atlanta isn't as bad as they've been playing and I'm still not sure that Cam Newton is THIS good. Matty Ice and the Falcons prevail at home. Pick - Atlanta


Bills (4-1) @ Giants (3-2)

It doesn't matter who I pick in this game, I'll be wrong. As I mentioned earlier, I've picked against the Bills four times this year, and they won all four of those games. I picked them to beat the Bengals, and they LOST. I know the Giants are coming off a bad loss in Seattle, but overall they've been playing pretty well. In this rematch of Super Bowl XXV, I've got the Giants winning at home. Pick - New York


Colts (0-5) @ Bengals (3-2)

I'll refrain from bashing Curtis Painter this week since thanks to San Diego being on a bye, he's now my stand-in starting quarterback in Fantasy Football. That said, the Bengals are a good team and Andy Dalton is showing himself to be a very good young quarterback. I don't see the Colts going winless, but I don't think this is where they get their first win. Pick - Cincinnati


49ers (4-1) @ Lions (5-0)

Who saw this marquee matchup between first place teams coming? I like the Lions here because Stafford is a better quarterback than Alex Smith, and I think the Lions front four are going to make life miserable for the 49ers. The Lions aren't going to suffer their first loss of the year today in front of their home fans. Pick - Detroit


Rams (0-4) @ Packers (5-0)

The Rams are the best 0-4 team in football. Unfortunately the Packers are the best team in football period. I don't see this one being close. Pick - Green Bay


Eagles (1-4) @ Redskins (3-1)

At some point, the Eagles HAVE to turn things around. Teams with that much talent just don't lose at the rate that Philly is losing right now. The Redskins are 3-1, but the fact remains that Rex Grossman is still under center for them and while he's played well this year, he's still Rex Grossman. The Eagles are due and they'll get a big division win on the road today. Pick - Philadelphia


Jaguars (1-4) @ Steelers (3-2)

Jacksonville hasn't won since Week 1 while the Steelers are coming off a 5-TD performance from Ben Roethlisberger in a big win over Tennessee. Blaine Gabbert has a bright future, but not today. Pick - Pittsburgh


Browns (2-2) @ Raiders (3-2)

Former college teammates Peyton Hillis and Darren McFadden square off against one another today. Both teams are much improved this year, but the Raiders are coming off a huge win against Houston and seem like a more complete team. Pick - Oakland



Texans (3-2) @ Ravens (3-1)

I'm really high on the Texans this year, but Andre Johnson's injury really limits them on offense. The Ravens are coming off a bye week so they're as healthy as they're going to be. Playing at home won't hurt them either. Pick - Baltimore



Cowboys (2-2) @ Patriots (4-1)

Expect a high-scoring game here. Brady and Patriots offense have been more or less unstoppable this year while the Patriots defense hasn't been able to stop anyone. New England typically doesn't lose games like this, and I heard on the radio this week that they've won something like 29 straight regular season games at home. Pick - New England


Saints (4-1) @ Buccaneers (3-2)

Tampa's coming off a 48-3 loss to the 49ers. I know San Francisco is good and all, but I can't pick a team that just lost by 45 to a team quarterbacked by Alex Smith. Pick - New Orleans


Vikings (1-4) @ Bears (2-3)

The hurricane's name... is Ditka. Matt Forte and Jay Cutler will get it done against a struggling Minnesota team who just got their first win. If the Bears are smart they'll try to make Donovan McNabb beat them. So far this year, he hasn't beat anyone. Pick - Chicago


Dolphins (0-4) @ Jets (2-3)

Chad Henne's shoulder injury has him out for the season. Perfect recipe for the Jets snapping a three-game losing streak. Pick - New York


Last Week: 7-6 (ugh)
Season: 53-24




Sports & Such is now on twitter. Follow us @smittysports1. 
Got any questions/comments/requests? Email the blog - smittysports.blogspot@hotmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment