Wednesday, October 26, 2011

ESPN Desk Calendar - Part IV

So, here we are again dealing with the ESPN Desk Calendar and it's bogus trivia questions & answers and just a general lack of QA. This one isn't as bad as the others:

*The Andre Dawson Question

*The Jose Canseco Question

*The U.S. Women Question

Still though, it irks me.



First of all, I don't love the question. Personally I would've preferred to see them add in 'in the Championship Game of the 1999 Women's World Cup'. But whatever, I mean, I still knew what the question was asking. What bothers me is the answer: "Brandy Chastain". While this answer is acceptable to the ear, let's be clear on something.

This is Brandy:


This is Brandi:
Photo Credit: bleacherreport.com

It's not like we're talking Marc Rzcepzynski, Mike Krzyzewski, Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, or any number of other difficult names that get spelled on a regular basis in the Sports World. This was an easy one. I mean, come on. The National Spelling Bee airs on ESPN each year.

Good job ESPM Desc Calinder.


Follow us on twitter @smittysports1. 
Got any questions/comments/requests? Email the blog - smittysports.blogspot@hotmail.com
Oh, and like us on facebook under Sports & Such! 

No comments:

Post a Comment